Here is a list of what’s on the schedule at the moment. New events are added all the time. If you’d like to keep up with everything that’s new, sign up by clicking here.
One-on-one tutoring and mentoring are offered as well. These are by appointment only and are not on the calendar. If you’d like something in-depth and specialized just for your needs, click here.
Colby does presentations and training for companies as well as camera clubs. He has numerous presentations in the can but customizes them as well. To learn more about the details, click here.
- This event has passed.
Beginners’ Photography All-Day Fall Workshop
September 23, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT$150
Beginners’ Photography All-Day Workshop
15 participants maximum to allow the greatest participant-instructor interaction
This is a comprehensive, in-depth, all-day workshop designed to give beginning photographers a lot of individualized, hands-on instruction with a strong focus on having fun the whole day. The individual attention will ensure you get instruction geared to your particular skill level and to what you are interested in photographing. Some of the subjects that will be covered are a review of equipment options; equipment maintenance; how to hold the camera; how to arrange subjects within the frame; various camera modes and settings; how and why to change aperture, shutter speed, and ISO; and an introduction to various resources so you can learn even more after the workshop.
“I went into this workshop with zero experience other than point and shoot on automatic. In just one day, I was able to go from boring, ordinary photos to extraordinary art, all while having fun.” — Kayla F.
“This workshop is a great deal and a fun way to learn about your camera—new or old. You learn one basic function at a time, practice, get instant feedback, and most important, you learn why before moving on to the next lesson. I would highly recommend this workshop as opposed to just reading a book or taking a class. Colby makes it a fun and inspirational day!” — Ann B.
“Colby is an exceptional and unique instructor. He’s professional yet, down to earth. It’s obvious he loves photography and genuinely wants to encourage others.” — Kay M.
- The workshop is for people who have just gotten a camera or who have had a camera and want to learn the basics
- Mainly for people with cameras that have an interchangeable lenses. (This isn’t required, but these participants will get the most benefit from the experience.)
- Lots of hands-on practice.
- Lots of instruction and exercises.
- Plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
- What you’ll need to bring:
- Your camera and any other camera equipment you have.
- Your camera manual and the manual for any other camera equipment you bring.
- Comfortable shoes, layered clothing.
- Water and snacks.
- Money for lunch and maybe dinner.
- Rain Date: In case of bad weather, the workshop will be delayed one week to September 23rd.
If you’d like to keep up with what is happening with me and my next workshop or presentation, sign up for my newsletter. I do tutoring and mentoring, if you’d like something in-depth and specialized just for you and your needs. If you’d like to see what is on the calendar at this moment, click here. And as always, if there is ever anything that I can do to help you, please contact me.